Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Official resignation

Go down 
+9
Bullz
Lycan
kigbariom
TENAXIS
Boltersdriveer
irre.
NaFrey
Informative Man M.D.
Mudkip
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Mudkip

Mudkip

Official resignation Empty
PostSubject: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 pm

That's it. I ragequit TF2.

First off, yes, I AM butthurt that I got banned from Starhub, and I think it's best that I leave Team Fortress 2 already.

I got banned by accident because I probably taunted in the server before I left. Now I sent an email to Hammifer regarding this, and he hasn't replied me yet.
Or will even NEVER reply me.
Over the past 2 days I've been stressed up and have been in a really, REALLY bad mood. Up to the point where I'd stop playing games with everyone,
and ended up not paying attention for a certain Trigonometry lesson that could cost me to fail a very important test.

Several things could have prevented this:

1. If Hammifer was a little more reasonable by actually spending some time to actually proceed with my request, to check the server logs to prove my innocence.
If Hammifer wouldn't check the logs, there is completely no way to prove my innocence.

2. If I didn't play Team Fortress 2 on 3/1 1:34pm. I initially planned that day on my calender to be "Rush 50 fat stacks of solid homework day". But I played Team Fortress 2 instead.
This is MY FAULT. If I wasn't such a lazy procastinating bitch about important schoolwork, this fiasco wouldn't have happened.

3. If VALVe actually took the time to update the game and patch the glitch away, preventing me and several other Starhub TF2 players from getting banned in the first place.
VALVe had from December 17th until January 3rd to actually fix it. A whopping 18 Days.

4. If I didn't get banned on the first offence. You all know the story, I got banned from doing that engineer exploit and I sent an email and got one more chance bla bla

Now what if I wasn't so stupid back then? What if I acutally was smart enough to actually take the precaution and had the responsibility to unbind the key that would punch in the command?
This permanent ban wouldn't have happened.

I have come to realise over the past 2 days that this is not entirely Hammifer's fault.
Because I understand Hammifer's reasons after being admin for a few days on Derphub. I'd rather have a douchebag guy banned from the server, rather than give him a second chance.
My case was probably justified, because I was banned on a previous offence, and he wouldn't bother to check the server logs, because he believes I am already a repeated offender,
and I understand his intentions.

"Better safe than sorry."

Now, why am I leaving?
These sequence of events has already taken a terrible toll on my mood, and quite possibly my performance in school.
Causing unnecessary stress is not quite what a video gaming lifestyle is not supposed to do.
I understand that little amounts of stress in games are natural, like for example when you almost cap the last point and fail, drop uber as medic, this is all stress-inducing.
However, all these little events that cause stress do wear off within a short time. The time varies, being calming down after 2 minutes, or even until you wake up the next day.
I was getting stressed up from 2 days ago, and I am still affected.

Continuing to be in this state will cause me to fail in school.

I'd rather not continue playing this game, as getting a new account or even borrowing one from a friend will probably get that account banned along with me.
That will probably turn me into a state much much worse than now.

and face it, I'm not good at competitive TF2 either. Pocket soldiers are dime-a-dozen in SEA. They all are probably better than me. Even after pugging and scrimming continuously in the pug servers,
sitting out every other round, spectating the soldiers, I still can't compete with them. No, I am not quitting solely because I think suck at the game.

Although, there is one important skill I got from sending all those emails of ban appeals to Hammifer.
I learnt how to be polite in typing emails to higher-ups.

I do have to thank some people for my wonderful time in Team Fortress 2:

1. GreleMarcia (He probably won't see this anyway), you were there when we both bought the game together. You were the one that made me buy the game, although you quit TF2 a long time ago, you will still remain as the one to help me get into TF2 for the first time.

2. Thisaremyname / Smile / Smile + Smileyface / Totally not a Dispenser / Obvious Dispenser / Dispenser / Chocolate / Chocolato, thank you for being my childhood friend for 7 years now, and actually being the only friend of mine who accepted the 3 Day demo of TF2 from me and leaving that DotA / Warcraft 3 bullshit.

"I probably won't like this shit anyway."

But you ended up being one of our best Demomen. Although you are still banned from the computer, I still hope you can see this, and yes, you can come to my house some day :L

3. The entire :I and everyone else on my friend's list. You guys are still awesome. heh. except for GODZILLAH and the scammers who want my fucking unusual by offering 2 scrap or something.

Goodbye guys, I'll probably not get on mumble anymore, I have other priorities.

Fuck this shit.

Last edited by Mudkip on Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Informative Man M.D.

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:40 pm

k don't be sad okay we go out eat aston's.
Back to top Go down
NaFrey

NaFrey

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:41 pm

I hate Christmas Season.

I'm sure you people already know why.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000
irre.

irre.

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:53 pm

NaFrey wrote:
I hate Christmas Season.

I'm sure you people already know why.

from tf2 mang, it's beter than full RQ from online status
Back to top Go down
NaFrey

NaFrey

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:17 pm

For me, it's the same thing, 'mang'.
Back to top Go down
Boltersdriveer

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:33 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
TENAXIS

TENAXIS

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:08 am

man, i barely got to know you Sad

well, goodbye TF2 mudkipz....

HELLO KILLING FLOOR MUDKIPZ!!!! (get killing floor bro!)
Back to top Go down
kigbariom
Admin
kigbariom

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:11 am

I will fix this.
Back to top Go down
https://pgtf2.forumotion.com
irre.

irre.

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:40 pm

TENAXIS wrote:
man, i barely got to know you Sad

well, goodbye TF2 mudkipz....

HELLO KILLING FLOOR MUDKIPZ!!!! (get killing floor bro!)

he has it and afaik doesn't enjoy it
Back to top Go down
Lycan

Lycan

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:13 pm

My god.

While I was rushing my projects just so I could play with every single one of you again, and THIS HAPPENED?!

Please Mudkip, don't leave us. I love you mang. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://poofywolfy.com
irre.

irre.

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:15 pm

Lycan wrote:
My god.

While I was rushing my projects just so I could play with every single one of you again, and THIS HAPPENED?!

derp, he's not leaving per se, he's just not gonna plang tf2. you should know anyway, we're sec 4 so it'd eventually happen
Back to top Go down
Lycan

Lycan

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:22 pm

irre. wrote:
Lycan wrote:
My god.

derp, he's not leaving per se, he's just not gonna plang tf2. you should know anyway, we're sec 4 so it'd eventually happen

Oh yeah, almost forgotten that O level shit. Then again, he should join us occasionally, since no gamer can survive the entire year without using their computer.
Back to top Go down
http://poofywolfy.com
NaFrey

NaFrey

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:39 pm

Lycan wrote:
irre. wrote:
Lycan wrote:
My god.

Oh yeah, almost forgotten that O level shit. Then again, he should join us occasionally, since no gamer can survive the entire year without using their computer.

I love having no final exams or that crap. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Bullz

Bullz

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:23 pm

still making jokes in a serious thread?

good job guys

hey mudkip just want to say

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning."
~ Louis L'Amour

Back to top Go down
NaFrey

NaFrey

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Tip, bullz:

Cheer up a guy who's not having a good day.
Back to top Go down
Crimson_SoulZ

Crimson_SoulZ

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:53 pm

Why must this happen?...

Mudkip, don't give up. Take some rest from gaming and shit and then when you feel like coming back just hop in to the mumble channel okay?..
Back to top Go down
Maniac

Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:20 pm

What in the ****
Back to top Go down
MC-117

MC-117

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:30 am

According to my experience of secondary school life. It is possible to juggle both school and TF2 in the same time. Even if you are having O's and playing competitive. Just work hard in school and chillax at home; its hard but not impossible
Back to top Go down
http://www.jonblacksecretagent.blogspot.com
Reginald Carl II

Reginald Carl II

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:35 am

MC-117 wrote:
According to my experience of secondary school life. It is possible to juggle both school and TF2 in the same time. Even if you are having O's and playing competitive. Just work hard in school and chillax at home; its hard but not impossible

This is pretty much how I got through school the past few years with good grades, just work hard at school and take a break at home. Just because it's called homework doesn't mean you need to do it at home, just do it the next day in school or do it on the day it was given out. And if you're studying, do it when you're done with whatever you need done.

Just keep a balance of the two, and you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
MC-117

MC-117

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:51 am

What Carl said... I also recommend using your LMS system. Scientific evidence have proven that textbooks are 20% more sleep inducing than sleeping. If you are really deep in shit with math homework, torrent this program called Microsoft Maths. It shows you the solution to algrebra problems and also the steps needed to obtain the answer. Don't overdo it though. If you are looking to learn english. Read web articles like cnet or pcworld; my personal favourite is Cracked. If you are looking to learn science. Watch documentaries, it helps spark interest. Learning is not only an active skill, you learn as you live life. Heck Bullz once asked us for help with his english essay (with not much success). If you need any help. Ask the smartasses like M.D boy for math. Me for physics( got a1 for science) or ave for chem
Back to top Go down
http://www.jonblacksecretagent.blogspot.com
irre.

irre.

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 4:40 pm

MC-117 wrote:
What Carl said... I also recommend using your LMS system. Scientific evidence have proven that textbooks are 20% more sleep inducing than sleeping. If you are really deep in shit with math homework, torrent this program called Microsoft Maths. It shows you the solution to algrebra problems and also the steps needed to obtain the answer. Don't overdo it though. If you are looking to learn english. Read web articles like cnet or pcworld; my personal favourite is Cracked. If you are looking to learn science. Watch documentaries, it helps spark interest. Learning is not only an active skill, you learn as you live life. Heck Bullz once asked us for help with his english essay (with not much success). If you need any help. Ask the smartasses like M.D boy for math. Me for physics( got a1 for science) or ave for chem

...more sleep inducing than sleep? anything's more sleep inducing than sleep since sleep makes you.. you know, not sleep any more
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation   Official resignation Empty

Back to top Go down

Official resignation
Page 1 of 1