Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Speak with Mumble!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Carl I

Lady Carl I

Speak with Mumble! Empty
PostSubject: Speak with Mumble!   Speak with Mumble! EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:24 pm

As with any proper clan, we need a way to be able to communicate in-game. TF2's in-game voice chat is cool and all, but theres the problem of not being able to talk to each other if you're dead, and clan specs can't keep us updated either.

So I give you Mumble! The low-latency, high-quality voice communication for gamers!

Get it here.

I recommend everyone from the clan get this, it's too useful to not have. It isn't a huge file or complicated to install or anything, so don't worry.

Stay tuned, I'll be updating this later on the topic of how to get Mumble running.

Last edited by kigbariom on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
http://yubeki.deviantart.com
kigbariom
Admin
kigbariom

Speak with Mumble! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speak with Mumble!   Speak with Mumble! EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 2:56 am

Plus! If you order now, Kig will set up room in the StarHub server found at this IP: 202.156.3.185
To connect simply Click Add New, enter your desired username, enter the IP, leave the ports alone, and name the server StarHub.

Once you are inside there is a nifty drop down menu that will give you options to join a room, when a scrim is about to happen, I will setup a room called PGTF2 that you can hop in.

Once you are in there are two simple rules,
1.) If you are using loud speakers, configure a 'push to talk' button rather than automatic, we don't want to hear ambient noise.
2.) Do NOT spam the text chat, unless you can't talk for some reason. The voice is awfully annoying.

Enjoy Very Happy

Kig Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://pgtf2.forumotion.com
Lady Carl I

Lady Carl I

Speak with Mumble! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speak with Mumble!   Speak with Mumble! EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:54 am

Just a quick little update. Now that we've learned a little more about mombule, we've found out that anyone can make a room. So feel free to get a room set up for the clan.

We're usually on Starhub's Community Mumble server, and to make a room all you need to do is right click on "War Rooms" and select add. You can name it whatever you like, but we recommend you stick to 'PGTF2' or just ':I' for easy identification. PGBC2 works, too.

In any case, we're all buds here so we'll find you eventually

We're on almost daily, so you can have a room set up beforehand and know that we'll come by and hang out there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://yubeki.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Speak with Mumble! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speak with Mumble!   Speak with Mumble! Empty

Back to top Go down

Speak with Mumble!
Page 1 of 1