Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PGTF2 Mumble

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Got Milk?

PGTF2 Mumble Empty
PostSubject: PGTF2 Mumble   PGTF2 Mumble EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:05 pm

Servername: This is just for your reference. I use 'thanks for hosting this shit 24/7 Milk, we owe you'.
IP: 119.236.50.170 (same as the IP for connecting to me when I host games)
Port: The standard mumble port is 64738
Username: Only Averytn would possibly need help with this one, so I'm just going to say 'Averytn'.

Once again, the important details are 119.236.50.170 for the IP and 64738 for the port.

Come on in and lurk all day long, who cares! I can create seperate rooms if you want to invite friends or we want to split up for scrims and the like.

A side note, the way you calculate bandwith usage of Murmur (the server version of Mumble) is as follows.

Code:
Number of people in the channel * number of people talking * bandwidth.

Every time you talk, you send data to my computer (the 'server'). My computer then transmits that to everyone who is listening. If we have a channel with ten people in it (pretty standard for us), and two people talking (I don't think I've ever been in a Mumble channel with less than 9,015 people talking at once), and 40 kb/s as voice settings, that is 10*2*40 = 800kb/s of bandwidth for me. Alls I'm sayings is, the more you talk the more I might lag. Please don't invite everyone in your friends list and have them chattering away, and unfortunately, this means no more micspam. I feel like an ass for using all that bandwidth up at Starhub, it's no wonder they shut us down. Segaboy's 8-bit beats were taking up a megabit of bandwidth from their servers...I don't have as much bandwidth to spare as those fat cats in Washington Starhub.

So yeah. Join and be merry, I won't kick / ban you like the MBT jerks, and you will get a good connection unlike Bullz to the HK public mumble. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Boltersdriveer

PGTF2 Mumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGTF2 Mumble   PGTF2 Mumble EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:37 am

Got Milk? wrote:
I feel like an ass for using all that bandwidth up at Starhub, it's no wonder they shut us down. Segaboy's 8-bit beats were taking up a megabit of bandwidth from their servers
Wait, so this was what happened? Cool. Next time, if starhub comes back, I should micspam more.
Back to top Go down
Bullz

Bullz

PGTF2 Mumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGTF2 Mumble   PGTF2 Mumble EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:08 am

thanks for spending your bandwidth for us milk

and no pedhopiliahanerrism jokes please..
Back to top Go down
Averytn

Averytn

PGTF2 Mumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGTF2 Mumble   PGTF2 Mumble EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:45 pm

thanks for the "special" help LOLOLOLOLOL my your wisdom tooth hurt like hell Smile
Back to top Go down
Bullz

Bullz

PGTF2 Mumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGTF2 Mumble   PGTF2 Mumble EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:20 pm

yeah milk does that a lot

HES A BEECH >:(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PGTF2 Mumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGTF2 Mumble   PGTF2 Mumble Empty

Back to top Go down