Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kig's Secret Plan

Go down 
+2
NaFrey
kigbariom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kigbariom
Admin
kigbariom

Kig's Secret Plan Empty
PostSubject: Kig's Secret Plan   Kig's Secret Plan EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 6:50 am

Alright guys, it is time to release my plan to the public. When I get back at the start of August, and we get back into our TF2 moods, I will try to execute this plan.

The PGTF2 Dedicated Server.

I plan to use Fragnetics as a host for a 24 player server that WE can admin. Not all of us unfortunately, so we will deal with that later. I can pay for the server out of my pocket, but it is an expensive plan. I'd rather have people from our forum and our friends list try and pitch in for running this server. It will be a fantastic private training ground when we need it, and an even better griefing server when NaziHub and NaziClub are getting us down. We'll be in charge, and any donor will have privileges.

Running this server will cost us about $160 (USD) a month. Give or take about $10 bucks depending on how we work the mods. I'll poll who is interested among the friend list and see if we can keep the server alive. Because our server won't be strict, it will be a desirable server and a place where we can have a lot of fun. I'm going to try and gather the money with PayPal if people are interested.

If you could please give me a rough estimate of how much you are willing to pitch in to try this for the first month. Just remember that you don't have to do anything, it would just be cool for us to do what we want when we want.
Back to top Go down
https://pgtf2.forumotion.com
NaFrey

NaFrey

Kig's Secret Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kig's Secret Plan   Kig's Secret Plan EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:54 pm

kigbariom wrote:
The PGTF2 Dedicated Server.

Just that made my mind asplode.

THIS TIME. I might try asking my mom to pay a beet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000
Bullz

Bullz

Kig's Secret Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kig's Secret Plan   Kig's Secret Plan EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:09 pm

shiiiiiii-

thats... thats quite a lot of money i would say so Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like my self
Back to top Go down
Lady Carl I

Lady Carl I

Kig's Secret Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kig's Secret Plan   Kig's Secret Plan EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:57 pm

Awwwww yeah PGTF2 dedicated server~

I think there's enough of us here to make that happen. I don't think we'd each have to put too much in, the cost could probably be split small enough between all of us
Back to top Go down
http://yubeki.deviantart.com
NaFrey

NaFrey

Kig's Secret Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kig's Secret Plan   Kig's Secret Plan EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:48 pm

I can just TELL this plan will involve a lot of stress. In a way that rocks. And in a way that just sucks... like Bullz saying something like that. :DDD
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000
Reginald Carl II

Reginald Carl II

Kig's Secret Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kig's Secret Plan   Kig's Secret Plan EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:11 am

:>

If we can work this server, and not have the silly reservation thingie going on (maybe just for admins and mods) and some cool mods that are fun for everyone, I think it will be an amazing hub for awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
kigbariom
Admin
kigbariom

Kig's Secret Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kig's Secret Plan   Kig's Secret Plan EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:06 am

With Fragnetics our pings will be grand
Back to top Go down
Reginald Carl II

Reginald Carl II

Kig's Secret Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kig's Secret Plan   Kig's Secret Plan EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:46 am

Truedat, Kiggo.

I has some suggested features to make it more user-friendly:

- votemap plugin. We can probably have a normal rotation, but having to sit through a map to change it isn't fun, especially if admins aren't around. I don't know about this one, but it seems cool. Very Happy

- Melee sudden death plugin. I've seen this in games.on.net (the australian server) and it's actually fun, prevents campers and ends the round quick enough so it isn't a stalemate.

- Reserved slots? I said it would be great if it didn't exist, but maybe we can set priorities? (Like, only admins and mods can have a slot or kick someone for a slot)

This is a cool idea with a ton of possibilities, and if it does work out well, we will have our very own, first server! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kigbariom
Admin
kigbariom

Kig's Secret Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kig's Secret Plan   Kig's Secret Plan EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 5:53 am

Yes to all.

As for the reserved slots, I don't know how they work exactly, but if it is full, we can make it a 26 slot server with 2 open spaces. That will leave some reserved spots for 2 mods.
Back to top Go down
Maniac

Maniac

Kig's Secret Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kig's Secret Plan   Kig's Secret Plan EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:46 pm

You know, I think this idea would actually work.

And I think there should be donations by paypal to help with the cost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kig's Secret Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kig's Secret Plan   Kig's Secret Plan Empty

Back to top Go down

Kig's Secret Plan
Page 1 of 1