Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish

Go down 
2 posters

Are these rules decent enough for a basic write-up?
Yes, they can be applied wholly.
General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish Vote_lcap0%General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, but they can be changed around to fit the clan better.
General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish Vote_lcap0%General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Indifferent, not much to say about it other than what we already know and follow individually.
General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish Vote_lcap33%General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
No, but they can be rewritten to be applied better.
 0% [ 0 ]
No, none of these will work regardless of whether or not we follow them.
General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish Vote_lcap67%General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish Vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Reginald Carl II

Reginald Carl II

General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish Empty
PostSubject: General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish   General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 2:02 am

After careful thought and a couple dozen cheeseburgers, I'm pretty sure the daily PGTF2 Mumble Channel needs a lot more order, so we can appear as fashionable and handsome young men and babies within our clan.

So, general rules:

- First guy to make a Mumble channel, make sure you'll be there for a long while to watch over the mumble channel. If things are dead, wait a while and don't run off (unless you have to)
- If you can, learn to make exceptions for the other members in Mumble. As in, there's a setting somewhere for your room in Mumble where you can let other users have admin privileges (not sure where, poke around a bit for this)
- If you have something important to say, make it known. Saying "hey, hey, hey" isn't going to attract much attention. Try to contact some of the other members through Steam or something or other and let them say it if you can't be heard
- Speak up! No one can hear you if you're mumbling or tired or exhausted or whatever. If no one responds, assume you weren't heard the first time and seek confirmation from the other members, not through the Mumble chat either, because communication is almost always impossible through texas toast peach

Basic rules of etiquette:

- Respect the other members. Talking smack behind someone's back isn't exactly regarded as highly as one would think.
- Continuation, if you hear someone talking, wait for them to finish talking or ask the person talking to hold off for a minute so you can say what you want (if it's urgent or important).
- Do not spam the mumble channel with random sounds and loud annoyances. If you hear people talking and you start making weird noises, no one will really appreciate it. Do it within reason and time
- Do not spam text to speech if people don't want to hear it. If the mumble channel is dead, text to speech is a great way to get attention, but otherwise in a room full of people, we could do with it a bit less.

Reason I've come up with this little list of etiquette is to control the massive amount of users and members we have in the mumble channel. We're one of the largest, so more people talking = more chaos, more different on-goings and whatnot. Understanding is one of the basic rules that should be outlined in this case, so please, understand.

If you do in-fact want to do something other than what the majority of the users in the mumble channel are doing in peace, starting a new mumble channel is fine as well. It's not breaking up with the clan, or saying the other members are annoying or douchebags, it's being within reason. If you want quiet, a large, 20-man server full of people talking isn't the way to go. If you do, making a temporary channel with a few people is fine.

Also, half of the dramas in this clan are caused by the mumble channel, so hopefully a general list of etiquette will either control the drama llama stampede, or fuel it with half a dozen crates of lima beans.

TL;DR: plis no noisy in mombl, plis respect conversation, plis don spem mombl, plis no drammallamama, an plis no raeg in mombl channel if its directed towards another user humbaw

These rules can be shifted around a lot, so help with these rules is appreciated. Also, if you guys come here to condemn these rules and say it's ironic, it may well be, but I'm at least lining these rules out so we can get a basic system going in an otherwise chaotic channel.

EDIT: I'm sure you guys are thinking these rules are too strict or whatever, but in bold, THIS IS FOR WHEN WE HAVE OVER 9000 PEOPLE. Get it in your heads.

Last edited by Reginald Carl II on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bullz

Bullz

PostSubject: Re: General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish   General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:09 am

i agree, and please wish me luck on the German embassy today ;_;

oh yeah and testing new siggy guys is it cool?

me being revived by skeeky boy, ave on right side and idk whos the engy it seems blurry to me im having an amnesia who am iwhere am i what do i do what is going onuuu

Back to top Go down
Reginald Carl II

Reginald Carl II

PostSubject: Re: General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish   General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:23 am

I've got to get back into being a medic. D:

But the new sig is awesome looking, Bullz! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish   General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish Empty

Back to top Go down

General Mumble Etiquette for the Poor and Irish
Page 1 of 1