Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I may officially just give up with TF2

Go down 
+4
Bullz
kigbariom
MC-117
Reginald Carl II
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Reginald Carl II

Reginald Carl II

I may officially just give up with TF2 Empty
PostSubject: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:19 pm

The title implies great change.

But I am serious, mostly because:

1) Every good player I've played with turns out to be an idiot after an update because apparently being the most useless engineer solves every problem
2) All the idlers who can't idle anymore are filling up the servers and spamming sentries/being general douchebags
3) The community has gone downhill. I remember playing TF2 a year ago and the community was actually pretty awesome.

So any of you guys who can persuade my interest in TF2, please, halp me. I really leik this game and I want a reason to play it again. D:
Back to top Go down
MC-117

MC-117

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:45 pm

1) Be a spy! with Engineers not giving a damn about stuff that happens behind them while using the wrangler. Taking them out is easier than a piece of cake. Not to mention that the Sentry would be disabled for 3 secs. Plenty of time to sap their stuff ( if they are alone ) and taunt.
Being a demo-man player, this update is the best thing that happened to me so far. I can destroy buildings with ease if I'm near cover. I'm practically racking up points and kills thanks to the one-set mindset of TF2 players.

Probably, your problem is that you tend to deal with them the "usual" way. With engineers having a more offensive capability now, you cannot just spam rockets from a distance and expect to destroy a dispenser or two. You have to outwit them, like in 2fort. When there is sentries overlooking the entire battlefield on the battlements. You can easily take them out using demo by being under the bridge and planting stickies either to their battlements or the under-roof of the bridge

2) Which one do you prefer? A shitty sniper who cannot shoot for shit in your team OR a engineer who generally provides your team health and ammo, quick access to the frontlines. Personally I find the increased number of engineers, both in your team and the enemies, particularly beneficial. The engineer update single-handedly evolved TF2 and made it so that anybody can still kick ass, even if you do not have the quickest trigger finger.

3) I totally, absolutely, positively disagree to that statement CarlII. Even the engineer update came. there was a spike in the number of medics. I have been an a match where there were like 4 medics in my team. Previously, if you even had just 1 noob who is a medic, you are incredibly lucky. I have seen other Engineers helping each other, some repairing/upgrading buildings, others refilling another Engineer's Sentry gun while he is Wrangling it. Even though he does not get any points, he does it for the team. Now, people are ACTUALLY completing the objective and not playing it like Deathmatch or Arena; have you see hightower and thundermountain? those are incredibly intense maps!

Back to top Go down
http://www.jonblacksecretagent.blogspot.com
kigbariom
Admin
kigbariom

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:09 pm

How dare you...

Talk to me on steam.
Back to top Go down
https://pgtf2.forumotion.com
Bullz

Bullz

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:41 pm

well actually this happens to me on the demo-soldier update

just play something else, and im sure you'll get lonely without me burning you, or mc spamming nades at you
Back to top Go down
Maniac

Maniac

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:12 pm

Reginald Carl II wrote:
The title implies great change.

But I am serious, mostly because:

1) Every good player I've played with turns out to be an idiot after an update because apparently being the most useless engineer solves every problem
2) All the idlers who can't idle anymore are filling up the servers and spamming sentries/being general douchebags
3) The community has gone downhill. I remember playing TF2 a year ago and the community was actually pretty awesome.

So any of you guys who can persuade my interest in TF2, please, halp me. I really leik this game and I want a reason to play it again. D:

To 3: The community is ALWAYS downhill. Just look at the sniper/spy update. Especially after the hat update.
Back to top Go down
Reginald Carl II

Reginald Carl II

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:15 pm

all gud points mc and bullz and kig andasklsakl.

I HAVE BEEN PERSUADED. I guess I just got bored of the engiespam (kind of like the war update). I'll try to get some time in TF2 if you guys are on.
Back to top Go down
NaFrey

NaFrey

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:30 pm

What.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000
kigbariom
Admin
kigbariom

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 1:15 am

Reginald Carl II wrote:
all gud points mc and bullz and kig andasklsakl.

I HAVE BEEN PERSUADED. I guess I just got bored of the engiespam (kind of like the war update). I'll try to get some time in TF2 if you guys are on.

Nice job guys. It took like... two posts to persuade him.
Back to top Go down
Reginald Carl II

Reginald Carl II

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:14 am

A wild skeek is easy to persuade. Unless you propose a dumb idea, like licking a pyro's boot. Then that would not be as easy.
Back to top Go down
Bullz

Bullz

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:20 am

dudes, why dont we make some test / training

ex : 5/6 PGTF'ers vs 5/6 KGTF'ers

so you can train us to be better

the info i need right nao is HOW TO KILL EM JUMPING SCOOTS at close range, its making me mad ,example peple who is hard to kill ( emir ++, spartan, etc etc)
Back to top Go down
kigbariom
Admin
kigbariom

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

I'm sure we can, but you guys aren't doing any playing. When I get back it will be training for you all. I'm making a secret plan that you all will love but it is not ready to be released to the public unless I get replies from the places I sent messages to. You're gonna lub it.
Back to top Go down
Bullz

Bullz

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:39 am

kigbariom wrote:
I'm sure we can, but you guys aren't doing any playing. When I get back it will be training for you all. I'm making a secret plan that you all will love but it is not ready to be released to the public unless I get replies from the places I sent messages to. You're gonna lub it.

if i may guess its got to do with some map you're creating?

PYRO TRAIN MAPPPPPPP :3
Back to top Go down
NaFrey

NaFrey

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:41 pm

Bullz wrote:
dudes, why dont we make some test / training

ex : 5/6 PGTF'ers vs 5/6 KGTF'ers

so you can train us to be better

the info i need right nao is HOW TO KILL EM JUMPING SCOOTS at close range, its making me mad ,example peple who is hard to kill ( emir ++, spartan, etc etc)

As a Pyro, facing good scouts will guarantee you a death. It's always good to retreat FACING THEM. Otherwise, you're as good as dead.
Back to top Go down
MC-117

MC-117

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:31 pm

Probably, since Pyros are the most dangerous in close range compared to other classes. It only takes a light to heavily damage enemy Scouts since they have the lowest health. Only problem is that Scouts are very quick and nimble thus its very hard to land a shot. BTW, if you face with good scouts. Quickly run to a corner, if they are dumb enough to give chase. Ignite them muahahah
Back to top Go down
Bullz

Bullz

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:19 pm

MC-117 wrote:
Probably, since Pyros are the most dangerous in close range compared to other classes. It only takes a light to heavily damage enemy Scouts since they have the lowest health. Only problem is that Scouts are very quick and nimble thus its very hard to land a shot. BTW, if you face with good scouts. Quickly run to a corner, if they are dumb enough to give chase. Ignite them muahahah

well yeah in 2fort fast respawn

but in real game like cp / cart its kinda hard you know

Back to top Go down
MC-117

MC-117

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:13 pm

I agree
Back to top Go down
Mudkip

Mudkip

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:15 pm

Bullz wrote:
well yeah in 2fort fast respawn

but in real game like cp / cart its kinda hard you know

Bullz wrote:
its kinda hard you know

That's what she said.

But wait, who plays scout on Payload/Dustbowl anyway? Pyros on 5CP maps should stick to the team and take on the heavy classes, such as soldiers and demomen, the team will take care of those scouts.
I don't know anything about ambushing as pyro though. I always fail at doing so Sad
Back to top Go down
MC-117

MC-117

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:21 pm

You gotta be a Ninja!
Back to top Go down
kigbariom
Admin
kigbariom

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:58 am

I promise we can train better than you ever have. My secret plan has nothing to do with making maps.
Back to top Go down
Bullz

Bullz

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:55 am

kigbariom wrote:
I promise we can train better than you ever have. My secret plan has nothing to do with making maps.

I may officially just give up with TF2 12792910
Back to top Go down
kigbariom
Admin
kigbariom

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:12 pm

This time, I actually don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Bullz

Bullz

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:59 pm

kigbariom wrote:
This time, I actually don't get it.

I may officially just give up with TF2 12792810
Back to top Go down
kigbariom
Admin
kigbariom

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:51 am

What is with the shit slapping?
Back to top Go down
Bullz

Bullz

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:48 am

kigbariom wrote:
What is with the shit slapping?

I may officially just give up with TF2 12792911

Back to top Go down
NaFrey

NaFrey

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Pure off-topic win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I may officially just give up with TF2   I may officially just give up with TF2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I may officially just give up with TF2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Team Fortress 2-
Jump to: